Macbook Click-button problems

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by sunsnewmac, May 8, 2008.

1. sunsnewmac macrumors 6502

sunsnewmac

Letting my boyfriend use my Macbook has not been a good idea. Because of his heavy-handedness, the click button has become overly sensitive/sticky, meaning that the slightest click has turned into a double-click and sometimes even triple-click. This is causing major problems such as not being able to select files in Finder without opening them, closing something inadvertently, or opening three email windows at once when I hit "Reply." What's weirder is that windows are apt to minimize when the cursor is clicked nowhere near the minimize button. Selecting text in word-processor apps has become painful because of this, as you can imagine, and so has dragging and dropping. Basically there have been a slew of click-button issues including the opposite of what I described: it doesn't respond at all.

Problem is, I'm totally out of warranty and don't have Apple Care and am broke enough to not want to take this in. Is there anything I can do myself to remedy the situation?

2. DaBrain macrumors 65816

DaBrain

The cheapest solution I can think of other than tearing it apart yourself to identify and fix the problem is to purchase an apple refurb aluminum wireless key bd for $59. Sorry can't think of an easier fix for ya! ;)

3. sunsnewmac thread starter macrumors 6502

sunsnewmac

4. Macjames macrumors 6502a

if i remember correctly you can set a clicking gesture for the trackpad, worth a shot.