Macbook clicker has this scratched line horizontally across?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pattman247, Nov 13, 2007.

1. pattman247 macrumors regular

Hey everyone. I would just like to add that I am a switcher from xp to mac, wanted to do so for a long time since I learned more and more about macs from websites such as these that show what a great alternative they are to windows.
    Everything has been great so far, I got the Macbook 2.16ghz, not the SR version, and what I noticed from the few months of having this computer is that the white mouse clicker seemed to have formed a rather large scratch running across it, due to the top of the screen bezel being in constant contact when closed. Is that really what formed the scratch, or is it that my clicker is somewhat sticking out too much. Either way I just wanted to ask my fellow mac users if they have a similar problem such as this?

Any help would be appreciated. :)

2. mikes63737 macrumors 65816

Pictures?

I don't think that the screen bezel could scratch it like you say it did.

3. pattman247 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok i just aligned the screen bezel and the clicker and i can confirm that it really is the corner of the screen from where the plastic is to where the display is. Its weird since I seen this forming for a long time but its never been mentioned before. Does anyone else have this problem? Its like one perfect line that goes across the entire clicker.

4. amrk47 macrumors regular

yea its probably a perfectly straight line on the clicker right?
    normal with the macbook
    a line will also form on the bottom of the palmrest area where the lid meets the bottom case when closed
    these are all normal issues with the macbook
    also if you use a cloth on the outside case it will scratch, if you use your fingernail on the palmrest area it will scratch
    and the bottom of the MB where the battery is, is the worst
    very bad quality in my opinion
    but its the inside where the macbook shines

5. pattman247 thread starter macrumors regular

So im guessing if its normal for the macbook to accumulate this scratch over time, then im guessing everyone has this. Is this correct? The macbook seems to be good quality just not with scratches, but it still seems to be better than other computers in the price range IMHO.