Macbook clicking when pressed in corner

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by flipflop4, Apr 13, 2010.

1. flipflop4 macrumors newbie

This is a really weird question but I thought I'd ask on here in case anyone has heard of this happening as I can't make it to the mac shop until next week.

Basically, I have noticed that sometimes if I put pressure (not really hard or anything just like if I lean my wrist on it when typing) on the bottom right corner of the macbook, it makes a clicking sound when I press it. It sounds to me like something is bending when I press down there.

It doesn't always click consistantly, and sometimes I have to press in different places to get it to click. I only noticed it when I applied a gelaskin to the top and was rubbing it to get the bubbles out and noticed when I rubbed over that corner it would make a clicking sound.

Its really weird and I don't want my macbook to die as I'm already on my second one this year! I have backed up the hard drive as I have been told that the hard drive is in that corner but I have no idea if thats the problem or not. It seems to be that something is loose but I don't know what or how!!

2. flipflop4 thread starter macrumors newbie

Just noticed that if I press it on the left side it still makes the clicking sound ( but on the right side), I'm sure it must be something to do with the casing. But surely it shouldn't be that loose or anything, its only a few months old!

3. Relznuk macrumors 6502

Relznuk

4. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

Same problem here. I have a 2010 15"MBP. This wasn't happening before and it's king of annoying. Every time I touch the right corner, even very slightly, I get this click sound :s

5. JAPears macrumors member

isnt that just the hard drive turning off because it thinks that the system has been dropped, ie. avoiding data loss?

6. Hexero macrumors regular

You got the same problem as I have/had. If you have a Apple store nearby, visit them and ask if they can fix it.
    My thread:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=930018&highlight=

It seems like the screws aren't tighten enough. Try take off the bottomcase, and put it on again - and remember, tight the screws, good.
    My problem returned like 3 days after, and I'm going to an Apple store whenever I have the chance.

Hope that helps!
    Hexero -

7. Killerbob macrumors 6502a

Like Steve says; then don´t put pressure there...

8. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

yes that's exactly this. Funny thing is that now it stopped ..

I'm anyway waiting for a SSD so then I will replace the disk and tighten the screws.

thx