MacBook Clicking?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Demosthenes427, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Demosthenes427 macrumors regular

Hey guys, I've got a bit of a problem. Not really a problem, more of a nuisance.

I just bought my MacBook in August. Just recently, to the right of the trackpad, whenever I press on it lightly, it makes a clicking noise. Whenever I raise my wrist from that spot, it clicks again. It sounds like something is sticking on the inside (maybe the plastic case to the keyboard electronics?), and while it doesn't interfere with function, it annoys the hell out of me.

What should I do? Any suggestions?

2. ab2650 macrumors 6502a

If it really annoys you, I suggest you take it in to an Apple store and have someone look at it. They may just pop the case and re-seat it which might fix it. I don't think I'd let them mail it out somewhere thought... That just seems to be risking too much for such a minor issue. It could come back with scratches, missing parts, or things bounced around from shipping. Ok, there's like a 0.1% chance of that happening, but if it did (and all because of an annoyance) how silly would you feel?

I have some spots that "creak" on my MBP and while I could LET them annoy me, I choose not to. All is perfect! La-la-la-la! Ignorance is bliss!

3. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

Having had 4 macbooks to dste number 5 comes today, it the HD hsd 2 that were like that :(