Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sKiBa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2008
Hi All,

Have an issue with my macbook where my closed lid mode isn't functioning correctly.

I am using my mac. Logitech S60 keyboard/mouse on AC power hooked up via the mini-dvi to a DVI to HDMI cable into an LG 22" TV. Now when I close the lid it powers down, press the key and it powers up but it's as though the mac has powered up but it displaying out of it's own screen rather than outputting to the TV. I can play/stop itunes etc. using the media keys on the keyboard, the lid is closed but I can't see anything on my secondary display.

Ideas?

Thanks!

johny5

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2007
UK
What connections are you using to connect the second display and what are the specs of your second display?

To start off I would open up the mac screen and then see if you can auto detect the 2nd display and set the resolution etc. then close the lid.
Also make sure that you have external power to the macbook whilst the lid is closed otherwise the macbook will not power up properly or in fact at all.

sKiBa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2008
I can see the second display fine, I always use it as my main display but just have to have my macbook open any time I am using it so essentially have two screens, one 22" and my little 13" Macbook screen.

I am typing away, if I close the lid on my macbook, everything powers down as you would expect, I press space/mouse etc. and it powers up, I can tell the OS is up and running as I can hear the sound coming from itunes but I just can't see anything on my 22" screen.

As above I am using mini-dvi to a dvi to hdmi cable on AC power.

Cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.