Macbook Color Profile Question

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by paintedclouds, Nov 14, 2009.

1. paintedclouds macrumors newbie

I just bought a Macbook from my cousin yesterday. It's in great shape and not very old, which is why I bought it. It's amazing how addictive it is, I've been PC person forever.

I immediately brought it home and installed all my programs, set a desktop photo, and opened photoshop. The coloring on my photos is off. I've tried using Supercal, and calibrating using the tool in the profiles, but I can't figure this out for anything. Being new to MAC, I'm just confused---

I use Firefox for my browser. The colors are perfect in it. When I change my profile and get it to somewhat make my photos look right (or like they did in my PC. All the photos seem to have like an orangey-yellowish look to them, not majorly, but editing photos isn't going to work with it like that.), then I open Firefox and my coloring is completely off on websites.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

2. jbuk macrumors regular

If you are that sure that it is the MacBook that is wrong, then go all the way through supercal again and make sure that you change the white balance to something bluer. Otherwise, buy a professional calibration tool (a Spyder or something) and calibrate all of your screens (and printers for that matter) against it.