Macbook + Comcast Internet Problems HELP!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ktbubster, Dec 5, 2009.

1. ktbubster macrumors 6502a

ktbubster

Ok. Here's the deal.

I just moved to a new place and hooked up comcast internet. The place already had cable, we just hooked up the internet in addition. However, I can't get my macbook online!

2 hours on the phone, 2 different cable modems (one comcast and now a new linksys cm100) and a service call later and still nothing!

Here's the thing. It HAS to be my computer.

The service guy was able to connect to the internet both directly connected to the cable modem itself, and then again through (direct line, not wireless) through my time capsule as well, no problem!

I can't connect at all though! Before they came out or after. Nada, nothing.

I am on a C2D SR macbook running 10.6.2

I can get on the wireless at my parents house, (comcast) the next door neighbors, (comcast) my boyfriends, and directly connect to the internet here as well (I think, last week when I tried anyway)

What in the world could be wrong?

I can't connect wirelessly via my timecapsule through that connection either, but i don't care so much, as long as I can direct connect somehow.

Can ANYONE help me? Can i try setting up things manually? ... I fiddled a bit but to no success... if so, could anyone give me some ideas, or screen shots or something. I'm at a completely loss here!

Thanks in advance.

Katy

2. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

Can you get online using the ethernet connection (not wireless) anywhere else? Have you made sure that the connection is enabled? What do the settings look like in the Network preference pane when you plug into the modem?