MacBook coming through FedEx

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Drew017, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Drew017, Mar 31, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2012

Drew017 macrumors 65816

Drew017

The MacBook (in the sig) that I have actually hasn't come yet! It'll be here on 3/2/12. My problem is with FedEx. I won't be at home to sign for it. The guy I bought it from had signature confirmation put on, but didn't know no one would be home to sign for it when it came. Can I leave a note on the door with the tracking number, signature, and instructions that it will be fine to leave it? No neighbors are usually home monday work days either...

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You can, but don't expect to have a leg to stand on if it gets stolen.

3. malman89 macrumors 68000

Fairly certain you can change the shipping address on FedEx online, but there's probably a time limit for that (like before a first delivery maybe). Or just as stated, should be able to, but good luck.

4. AcesHigh87, Apr 1, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2012

AcesHigh87 macrumors 6502a

AcesHigh87

I'm not sure if FedEx does it but I know for Canada post if no one is there to sign at time of delivery they bring it to a local location (depending on the company I imagine) and they leave a note saying you can come get it at said location.

For instance, my friends were having a modem / router kit shipped to them through Canada post. When it arrived no one was home to sign for it so they (Canada Post) left a note saying it would be at the Shoppers uptown (has a post office) and they could pick it up then.

Also, having known people who have done shipping, I know that they need that signature for their records and it's all electronic so I don't think leaving your signature would work. Plus, as mentioned, do you really want to leave a macbook sitting on your front step? That's like yelling to a thief, "hey, come steal this."

Personally I'd say call up FedEx and ask them directly what will be done if you aren't home.

5. Drew017 thread starter macrumors 65816

Drew017

Well, I live outside of a in a small town, and no one is around. Besides, I'll be home by 2:00. We'll see.

6. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

FedEx has a web site to answer all your questions. This is an Apple forum :)

7. Drew017 thread starter macrumors 65816

Drew017

Oh I know, but the people here are nicer :)
    Just wanted a 2nd opinion- that's all.

8. Drew017 thread starter macrumors 65816

Drew017

*Update- the guy dropped it off while no one was home after reading the note, so I guess it can work.