Macbook connecting to tv?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Volcom guy992, May 28, 2009.

1. Volcom guy992 macrumors newbie

Okay im new here first post/topic. Anyways I was wondering how would I go about connecting my Macbook(I dont know what year, I just know it was in late 2006 when I got it) to my TV, so I can see whats on my computer on my tv.

I want to connect it through the Yellow, White, Red hook ups. The little spot were you would hook up like a video game and what not. So how exactly would I do that, like what cables would I need to buy. I only need a cable right(please say yes)

Thanks for everyone that helps me :D
    Sorry for bad quality pictures

This is a picture of hte available plug ins to my mac.
    [​IMG]

These 2 are just close ups of the ports.
    http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l139/volcomguy992/DSC00517.jpg
    http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l139/volcomguy992/DSC00518.jpg

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Did you try looking on store.apple.com?

You need Mini-DVI-->Video (http://store.apple.com/us/product/M9319G/A) and then you're headphone jack to RCA (Find at ANY store, Longs/RadioShack/Wal*Mart/Target/ANYWHERE).

Also, there's a feature at the top of the forum page, "search." That's usually a good starting place to find stuff on here, as most things like this have probably been asked a few times ;)

Welcome to MR

3. Volcom guy992 thread starter macrumors newbie

I did try apple.com and I just didnt get what each was, sorry i didnt search.

Also on this link you sent how do I get video I see the audio but how video?

4. Skeletal-dæmon macrumors 6502

This link will take you to the Apple store page with the correct video adaptor to use your MacBook with a RCA (EURO-SCART) television system. You will also need, as NMP pointed out, a 3.5mil stereo audio jack to RCA component audio jack, then after that a simple male to male RCA cable.

5. Volcom guy992 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

7. Skeletal-dæmon macrumors 6502

My way means that you'd need THIS adapter from Apple, one of THESE which plugs in to your headphone jack, and one of THESE to connect the stereo and video adaptors on you Mac to your television.

Just means you have only one long cable dangling around really :)

EDIT I do apologise NMP, we appear to have come up with the same suggestion simultaneously!

8. Volcom guy992 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you two. This is very helpful, and the site you gave NMP, its a trusted site right. I might order off of there. Thanks loads though. :D much appreciated.

9. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Monoprice is VERY well respected/trusted in the A/V world of things...

Hell, they're the only guys other than Apple that has MiniDisplayPort adapters ;)