Macbook (Contents in Box) when new?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by pcimaging, Jul 22, 2008.

1. pcimaging macrumors newbie

I am about to list my Macbook for sale and I have a bit of a dilemma. I do not find a Leopard Install Disk in the box it came in. I do have the other two Macbook OS X Install Disc 1 and Mac OS X Install Disc 2. Am I mistaken in thinking there should be a Leopard Install Disc too? I bought the Macbook about the same time I bought my iMac 24" desktop (which I am keeping for a long time}. The iMac does have single disc for the Leopard install which is why I am thinking the Macbook should. Please do let me know if you can, I appreciate it.
    G Biggs

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

It'd help to know the specifications of the MacBook. The easiest way would be to just read the Mac OS version off of the first disc itself.

3. Fuchal macrumors 68020

Leopard is included on disc 1. It shows the version number of the OS on the CD.

4. balk macrumors member

Disc 2 doesn't show the version number but it has the same product number as disc 1. Mine has number 2Z691-6176-A (late 2007 Macbook).

You cannot use the disc of another Mac model to install your Macbook.

5. pcimaging thread starter macrumors newbie

Upon checking the first disc, I see

I see just under where it reads MacBook Mac OS X Install disc 1, it does read Mac OS version 10.5 which I take is a real good thing. I can safely assume then that the MacBook did not come with a single OS X Leopard disc like the iMac did? I needed to confirm this because I want to be certain I am including everything just as it arrived. I do thank all of you.

6. wngraham macrumors regular

Macs that were manufactured before Leopard was released (your iMac) had an extra Leopard disc in the packaging to go along with their Tiger restore discs just to get them up to date.

Newer machines (your MacBook) have Leopard restore discs.

7. pcimaging thread starter macrumors newbie

This was very helpful.

I was afraid I had misplaced the disc somewhere. It is definately good to know I have the right ones.