Macbook core duo 1.83 question

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by skiunit22, Apr 4, 2009.

1. skiunit22 macrumors newbie

I'm kind of broke right now and I need a laptop. I could go buy a stupid glossy $500 HP at best buy but I'm too classy for that. I found a bunch of Core Duo 1.83 - 2.0 GHz models on ebay but I have a little concern with their performance. Would stats like that be good enough to run photoshop and illustrator smoothly, or should I just go buy a Core 2 Duo?

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

lol at the classy remark cuz its redicoulous

a 1.83 would be fine if money is an issue. that said, if money is an issue, why not get the pc. just sayin

3. snessiram macrumors member

Yes it will be fine. However, it'll be best to upgrade the RAM to 2GB or more...

Also noteworthy is that the core duo's run hotter then the core 2 duo's. This means that under load, the fan will spin more and faster, thus being more audible. So in case you're sensitive for noise...
    If it would be bothering you, take a look at CoolBook, a $10 software application that allows you to undervolt (safe) your cpu to keep it cooler (and more energy efficient).

4. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Core 2 Duo gives you n WiFi, up to 3GB RAM (Core Duos are limited to 2GB max). Up to 25% faster (at the same clock speed). Both should be OK to run PS or Illustrator.

5. ddeadserious macrumors 6502a

ddeadserious

I run Photoshop and Illustrator in my 2.0GHz Macbook Pro with no problem. The computer does run a little hot though.