Macbook Core Duo - Should I Buy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by kmarketing, Jun 2, 2007.

1. kmarketing macrumors 6502

Hi,

Another interesting dilemma for me. I may be able to get a macbook 1.83 core duo (I guess its the base macbook) for $600. It looks almost new, screen is beautiful, has the box, etc. Should I go ahead with that, or would should I save the money for something else?

Does it matter that original purchase date was in the fall of 2006. Does that mean they may have worked out some of the kinks of the original models, or could these be problematic?

Thanks again for your help!

2. mashinhead macrumors 68020

sounds like a great deal, and still available for applecare, if you don't want it i'll take it.

3. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

is it still under warranty? make sure u know how much u will spend on it if its warranty is up.

for machine itself, can't make suggestions w/o seeing it. its not a new one?

4. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

I bought a CD macbook about 3 months ago. Its fine. Its the same model you are looking at and going to C2D won't help you that much, as the cache wasn't upgraded on the 1.83 base model. No problems of overheating, works perfect.

Working great so far. Only reason in my mind to upgrade is the DVD burner, but my mini takes care of that.

5. chipchen macrumors 6502

Yea.. I'll take it i you don't want it.

Worst case scenario, you can just resell it. Probably make a profit.

6. jaycrew macrumors member

sounds like a good deal. depending on your needs, CD could be sufficient.