MacBook Core Duo Switches Off During Booting

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by 3li, Jun 16, 2009.

1. 3li macrumors newbie

Hi all
    I have a MacBook core duo (original white) that has been working perfectly until this morning. With the battery and the power adapter connected, the cord end turns green, even though the battery needs recharging. After turning on the MacBook, few seconds passes before it turns off by itself.

When I removed the battery and connected the power adapter only, the laptop does not turn on at all.

Is there any way to solve this problem?

Thanks,
    3li

2. 3li thread starter macrumors newbie

I just wanted to update this a little:
    I was able to turn it on and reached to the login screen. Few seconds after logging in the computer turned off. Could this be a hardware problem?

3. dbowlin17 macrumors member

considering that you have loaded your operating system already, it very well might be hardware related. I am not an expert at all, but i had a similar thing happen to my powerbook. I could turn it on, but within minutes it would turn off. I reinstalled tiger and it worked fine. Although because you are able to get into the OS, it seems to me like it might be what the apple store guy originally thought mine was, something in the logic board. my advice would be to try and find an apple store nearby and then you can take it in. they will diagnose it for free. then you can decide what to do. hope it all gets better. broken macs suck.

4. 3li thread starter macrumors newbie

I do not think this to be the case here. I've had a couple tries on the MacBook one last time, and I finally figured out the problem: the charger.

I am guessing what happened here is that the laptop tried to run itself with what's left of charge in the battery, but soon the charge ran out and the laptop had to turn off. First indication that the charger is inoperational is that the cord end did not turn amber.

Even though the cord end turned green, I do not think the charger was operational; if it was, why wouldn't the laptop turn on?

I've managed to run my laptop successfully on another working charger.

Thanks for your help.
    3li