Macbook CPU Whine..

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by esadb, Dec 17, 2008.

1. esadb macrumors 65816

esadb

Hi,

Well i got my macbook about 2 some weeks ago used.. and i was reading about the CPU whine and now i notice that i have it as well on my mac when its plugged in and charging.

Mine is not the one thats related to the screen brightness, but instead of the load on the CPU if the CPU is idling i can hear it, if something starts happening i dont hear it since the CPU gets under stress. Also it stops if i scroll through a webpage

Question is, how can i fix this problem as its driving me mad? Any ideas please help

2. Stachelsk macrumors regular

My (Early 2008) MacBook was doing this for a couple months. I just let it be, because I usually have music playing or something. A lot of CPUs I've used before 'whine', so I figured it was the same issue as the rest of them.

You could bring it into the Apple store and see what they say about that, but short of that there's not much advise anyone on the forums could give you that you could take on yourself without voiding the warranty.

3. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

Yea, best bet would be take it in to Apple... You dont wanna start taking things apart for Apple to tell you later that you caused this problem.

4. esadb thread starter macrumors 65816

esadb

the laptop was bought used so no applecare or anything with it. I know that there is nothing wrong with the laptop just that its such a nuissance.

But if i take it apart i wonder if there is even anything that i could do to really fix this

5. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

I'd just use it til it breaks! I dont know if you will be able to fix anything yourself.