Macbook cracks, what to do?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by snertdog1, Aug 21, 2008.

1. snertdog1 macrumors newbie

Hey I have had my macbook for almost a year, its my first mac and i love it, but the case is starting to crack. The Lower right hand side where you rest you hand is cracking and it really pissing me off. I mean i was hoping to either take it through university or sell it soon to get a MBP, now the value will be down. So what I am asking is has anyone had this problem and how hard is it going to be for me to get apple to fix/replace it? It's still under warranty.

2. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

Make a claim before your warranty runs out. Either an appointment with a Genius if there's an Apple store nearby, or call AppleCare on the phone.

3. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Contact Apple Care, if it's a manufacturer defect they will take care of it at no charge.

If it's user damage, it will cost you.

4. snertdog1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah im going to give them a call now, i think it might be a defect i have seen a couple of my generation with the same problem. Thanks for the quick reply.

5. joshuaaaron macrumors member

i made an appt online. and took it to a genius. they fixed it same day. and i didnt have to be a moment without my macbook. haha

6. iGary Guest

iGary

It's a known issue - take it in and have them replace the top case.

7. isauce macrumors regular

isauce

If you do, let the buyer know if you plan on selling it. Just in case, it might come back and bite you in the ass.