MacBook Cracks

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by dylanbrown, Feb 12, 2010.

1. dylanbrown macrumors 6502

Hey all,

I know that this is probably an issue that nearly every MacBook owner has come across, cracking at the heat exhaust vents/keyboard plate etc.

I have already had the bottom of my MacBook and the keyboard plate replaced from AppleCare, however, I've now noticed a fairly large crack on the bottom of my MacBook, and now another hairline crack on the display bezel, just above the combo drive.

I understand that AppleCare will cover the cracks on the bottom, regardless of warranty (Mine has unfortunately run out!) - but I was wondering about the one above the combo drive.

Thanks in advance

2. tkermit macrumors 68030

tkermit

Just give it a try. I would be surprised if they did cover that, but you never know and they often decide on a case by case basis. They replaced my Macbook's display bezel even though it was out of warranty, but my cracks were in direct proximity to the distance holder bars which are responsible for the top case cracks...

3. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

Id say that if there is reasonable cause to assume that its the same fault and their gonna repair one of the faults, its highly likely that theyll repair the other one as well. After all, they like to keep their customers happy :D

4. kernkraft macrumors 68020

kernkraft

They can be a pain in the ....!

I've had AppleCare on mine, all plastic bits had to be changed in 18 months, apart from the top. I've had 3(!) keyboards, 2 bezels and 2 bottoms.

Unless they accept that it was a manufacturing or design defect, they do not repair for free. Without AppleCare, I would have paid for it myself.