Macbook Crash

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by FetalSage, Nov 30, 2007.

1. FetalSage macrumors regular

Hi guys,

I have a Core Duo black Macbook, currently running Leopard. But the problem below also happened in Tiger.

Sometimes my mac would just freeze, nothing will happen. If I click on the trackpad (after a few seconds), the mac will restart. Every now and then it might not even boot up.

I did go to the Apple Store, the guy said he re-set (as in, take out and put it back in), and seemed to fix the problem, he also recommended upgrading to Leopard and do a Erase and Install, which I did. But I still get the problem.

I'm thinking it might be a RAM problem, what's the best way to check if I have a fault with my RAM?

Thanks.

2. TheStu macrumors 65816

Using the disk that came with your MacBook.

Drop it in the drive, and restart, holding down D after the restart (and I mean, right after the restart). This should take it to the hardware diagnostics mode.

3. FetalSage thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks TheStu, I'm actually running it as I type this. I first did a quick test, no errors. I'm letting it run an Extended Test. Will report back when it's done.

4. FetalSage thread starter macrumors regular

5. TheStu macrumors 65816

Then, it may not be the RAM... not sure what else to tell you... take it back to the Store?