MacBook crashed and screen flickering

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by funnysharks, Apr 24, 2013.

1. funnysharks macrumors newbie

Hey guys, this is the second time this has happened. Both from watching YouTube videos on full screen.

[​IMG]
    http://i.imgur.com/0O0tzgd.jpg

I have the MacBook 2,1 and am running 10.6.8

I can give you more info on the model it is required.

What is the problem? Is my laptop on its last days?:( It works perfectly for everything

2. biggbird72 macrumors newbie

Does it ONLY happen when viewing YouTube videos? Or does it happen with all full-screen videos regardless of source?

3. funnysharks thread starter macrumors newbie

It has only happened twice, both times I have restarted my laptop and it has been fine, the first time was another video source and this time was youtube.

4. finishmarketing macrumors newbie

did you ever drop it?

Seems like it would be a hardware issue
    when your video card is being used maybe overheat/overprocessing?

so try spraying out your laptop with a duster
    if that dont help, keep it cool,
    if that dont help, try somehow resetting your video card settings,
    if that dont help,try like poking at corners of your screen(sound silly but this worked for one of my old monitors)
    if that dont help, you know who to call

the .....:)

5. biggbird72 macrumors newbie

Hmm, while it was happening, did you move the display panel back and forth? If you did, did it make a difference?

Most likely it's the LVDS cable, aka "video cable" or "display data cable". It connects from the LCD to the logic board.

Worst case it's the LCD. If it is affected by moving it, then most likely the cable.

6. Bauerpower24777 macrumors newbie

I cannot remember significantly dropping my laptop recently. However, I have the same exact problem. And it only occurs when I start at the YouTube home page and search for a video. When I find the video through Google and then go to YouTube to watch it, no problems.

The problems I have from the homepage is freezing, flickering, spinning ball, and then eventually the artifacts like the screenshot.