Macbook crashed helped!!!! Please!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by APPLEFAN8, Jun 17, 2009.

1. APPLEFAN8 macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

I went to restart my computer and it gave me a blue screen after it restarted so I forced a shut down by hitting the power button now its at a grey screen with with a question mark and a flashing folder? What happened? Help

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

Sounds like your hard drive died (just like it did in the thousands of other threads with the same problem that you've described...). Boot off of the restore disk and run disk utility, as also suggested in those other threads.

3. APPLEFAN8 thread starter macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

ok thanks i'll look for my restore disks! I was down to 8GB on my HD too with 5000 photo's!

4. aethelbert macrumors 601

Hopefully all that was backed up.

5. APPLEFAN8 thread starter macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

ummm yeah I never had a back up in my life. I'm starting college so basically will start fresh but I'm not sure about my pages and keynote and stuff like I cant find those disks either along with my restore ones

6. ptsube macrumors 6502

If you haven't restored yet, try holding the option key down while booting. This will allow you to select the start up disk. Sometimes the computer loses the path to the start up disk for some reason.

"Reinstall" is not always the default answer. I wish people would realize this. A little troubleshooting can save a lot of time.

Apple support document.

7. APPLEFAN8 thread starter macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

Great news guys! I went to the apple store made an appointment. I told him my situation and he said with the situation I had about the hard drive. They were going to replace it for free! So I left it at the apple store and they are going to fix it by the end of today to the end of Saturday. I'm glad they are fixing it for free since I was out of warranty too.