MacBook crashing on boot camp partition stage

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by egomednog, May 13, 2008.

1. egomednog macrumors newbie

Hi there,

Recently I installed Windows on my MacBook, however after a while I realised I needed the partition to be bigger, I found a program that would clone my windows partition so I could restore it once I had made the partition bigger so I went about doing this. I then deleted the windows partition and started up Boot Camp Assistant again, and adjusted the partition map to the sizes I wanted. When Boot Camp was making the partition it crashed and told me to turn off my computer.

After I booted back up I found I was left with half the free space I had prior to the crash, so I googled the problem and found this page:

http://www.chewie.co.uk/general/boot-camp-assistant-crashes-during-partition/

It told me how I can get round this problem, so I followed all of the steps up until creating a new partition in disk utility, I was not able to create a partition, it gave me the error of Not enough space (something along those lines)

I'm just wondering, is there anyway I can fix this without completely wiping my hardrive and re-installing altogether?

Thanks

2. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

This happened to me, i just used the install disc and repaired the disc should get you the space back you lost.

3. egomednog thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm able to do this but it doesn't give me back the space I lost :mad:

4. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

so you booted from your install disc and used the utility, and repaired, and it didn't work. =\

im not sure really then how you can get it back

5. egomednog thread starter macrumors newbie

Pretty much, yeah. I mean I might as well give it another shot now.

6. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

7. egomednog thread starter macrumors newbie

Tried making the partition in Boot Camp once again and it said: