Macbook - current ones?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by sotorious, Jan 8, 2016.

1. sotorious, Jan 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2016

sotorious macrumors 6502a

The current macbooks that on shelfs @ mac store, and ones on the website are those the ones that were released in april 2015? according to buying guide on this site?

I am having a hard time finding that info on the apples site.

Also is the processors in the dual core or quad core?

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

The new Macbooks are the only models currently available - still on the 1st generation.
    The processors are all dual core - no quad core on such a small device without a fan.

3. sotorious thread starter macrumors 6502a

How much more processing power does the macbooks have over the new macbook airs?

I really want a pro but i am holding out for the next release which should be in a few months, but i am in need of something now for travel reasons.

I would get the Razer blade stealth but they are not shipping till the 29th of January.

So thoughts on the macbook now vs the new macbook air as far as processing power?

4. old-wiz macrumors G3

The MBA hasn't been updated for a while - the new MacBooks use a core-M processor which has less power than an MBA. No idea of the exact comparison in terms of speed. Current MBAs is a good machine but the screen is not fantastic. the MBPr is a great machine.

5. sotorious thread starter macrumors 6502a

and there is no usb c on the new MBPr yet, that is expected on the next version.