MacBook Customized

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by krewelement394, Jul 15, 2009.

1. krewelement394 macrumors regular

krewelement394

Hi i really want to customize my macbook. i want to change the color logo to apple classic color. (but not for a while)

the main thing i want to do is something like this
    http://icolours.ca/gallery.html

the second picture to last. the guy with a suit and a hat, being covered with the apple logo.

i want something like that, only not that image. you get the idea though. where can i get something like this? are they stickers as well? or are they laser engraved? i do not want it permanent on my macbook, since i get easily bored with the same look :]. thanks!

(by the way if you have any thing like this on your macbook please post a pic. i love to see it to get ideas. and please post a link to were to get this)

thanks in adv.:apple:

2. MarkCooz macrumors 6502a

I like the one, with the pink/red apple logo
    it looks sooo nice!
    How do they do that anyways?

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

They do this by removing the screen backing and placing some kind of overlay over the Apple logo. It's not terribly difficult to do yourself, but it voids your warranty. It's also not something you do more than once or twice.

4. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

The change to the Apple logo is an iColour or similar application.

The reproduction of the Magritte artwork is done by laser etching, and is permanent. I can't remember how far into the thread, but I know that this thread here shows the MBP that's done this before, or something very similar.

I've never seen a sticker that will replicate this look while keeping the sleek, smooth feel of the MBP case.