MacBook dead slow

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by zakplaza, Nov 1, 2012.

1. zakplaza macrumors newbie

I am very crazy about my macbook, it seems pain full slow when it booting also in working condition, it times around 30 or 40 minutes, is it hard disk problem any hardware problem, if have any solution to recover this issue please post your valuables, I tried everything in the internet but couldn’t[cc clean,onyx,smc,pram and nvram] etc thanks in advance
    Processor:2.26 intel core 2 duo memory:8gb
    The OSX version is 10.8.2

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

You could try a non-destrucitve install. First you need to create a bootable USB stick ( It needs to be over 4GB in size)

http://www.cultofmac.com/180518/sin...on-diskmaker-gets-os-x-mountain-lion-support/

Once you have the USB stick ready, boot your Mac whilst holding down the OPTION key, then choose "EFI BOOT" Install Lion from there. This type of installation will not remove any of your apps or data, but it is of course best policy to perform a backup first. Hope this helps, it's fixed ,any a slow Mac for me in the past!

3. zakplaza thread starter macrumors newbie

slow macbook

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

5. zakplaza thread starter macrumors newbie

6. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

At this point assuming that your hardware is okay, then the only other course of action is to backup, format the HDD in your Mac and do a clean installation...If that also fails to correct the issue then I'd take it to Apple.