MACBOOK dead

cloudblood84

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 3, 2006
128
0
san diego, ca
wont turn on, tried to do all the resets, when i plug in mag safe the light doesnt even come on, the battery is fully charged, i really dont want to return it (it was perfect)...any other tips?
 

benthewraith

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
3,083
80
Miami, FL
cloudblood84 said:
wont turn on, tried to do all the resets, when i plug in mag safe the light doesnt even come on, the battery is fully charged, i really dont want to return it (it was perfect)...any other tips?
You could have Apple take a look at it. I think you get a 90-day full warranty/1 year limited warranty, assuming you didn't buy AppleCare. :)
 

cloudblood84

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 3, 2006
128
0
san diego, ca
benthewraith said:
You could have Apple take a look at it. I think you get a 90-day full warranty/1 year limited warranty, assuming you didn't buy AppleCare. :)
will my HD be wiped out?
how long does it usually take?
will i get an entirely new computer?
 

benthewraith

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
3,083
80
Miami, FL
cloudblood84 said:
will my HD be wiped out?
how long does it usually take?
will i get an entirely new computer?
Yes, most probably after they remove the data (they'll probably do a data backup assuming the hard drive isn't dead.)

Um, if you take it to the Genius Bar, who knows. This is my first apple.

Yes, most likely.
 

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
10,648
31
San Francisco, CA
benthewraith said:
You could have Apple take a look at it. I think you get a 90-day full warranty/1 year limited warranty, assuming you didn't buy AppleCare. :)
Every Mac includes 90 days of phone support and a 1 year of free parts & labor.

cloudblood84 said:
will my HD be wiped out?
Possibly. It is always best to perform a complete backup before sending your computer away. If you take it to a Genius Bar, for a $10 fee, they will backup your data for you.
how long does it usually take?
It depends on the problems and if you take it to a Genius Bar, or send it in. I would expect at least a week (maybe 2).
will i get an entirely new computer?
Chances are no.