Macbook dead?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MacKaput, Aug 22, 2010.

1. MacKaput macrumors newbie

Recently I started experiencing problems with my relatively new macbook. First the airport stopped working, but functioned normally after boot. A few days after that I lost airport connection again and the computer refused to boot (froze after the tone) I tried again in safe mode, succesfully, but the computer would not recognise any external devices, thus preventing me from saving valuable data + still no airport connection. Because of a monstrous work schedule I had to leave it at that and return to it later. Now, two days later, my macbook will not boot, even from disc or in safe mode. So, is it safe to say that my macbook is macdead?

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Before abandoning all hope, follow the link in my sig.

3. MacKaput thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you! I will try those first thing in the morning.

Hope? Yes, I really hope I can tell my wife that pictures of our newborn daughter that I did not develop in time and were only on my computer and of which no back ups exist are not lost ;-)

4. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

The data on the drive is likely intact. Remove the drive, put it in a USB case and use another Mac to look at the drive and back up the data you want.

5. NXTMIKE macrumors 6502

I really do hope you get your data back, but are you sure there were no physical shocks to the macbook, such as a slight bang or drop, heat exposure, or any forced shutdowns that happened before?