Macbook defects

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jshelton, Aug 14, 2008.

1. jshelton macrumors 6502a

Ok, so I posted in another thread that my 2 week old Macbook had a problem with the top case being loose above the screw on the left side. A Genius replaced it with a new one. I had the 2.1/1/120 and they switched it for a 2.4/2/160. I called and told them and the insisted that the one I traded in was a 2.4/2/160. The serial numbers in the box and the receipt match but the box says 2.1 and the receipt says 2.4/2/160. Oh well, I tried to tell them. Of course, I will accept the 2.4/2/160.

On to my questions: 1) The new Macbook has the same problem but it is directly above the light and sensor on the front right side. It is raised a little and isn't flat. Is this normal on the Macbooks? 2) The new one seems slower even though it has a faster processer and more RAM. WTF? 3) The screen seems to be really loose at the hinges. When I pick it up the screen falls farther back (open) on it's own. Normal? 4) The bottom gets really hot after a few minutes. How hot is normal?

Should I just use it and be happy or get these things checked? It is a big investment for me. Thanks...

2. Built macrumors 68020

I would definitely take it in. It sounds like the replacement has some defects, also. If it were me, I would not hesitate to take it back in.