Macbook Died...or won't start. Help!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by scenn, Oct 14, 2011.

1. scenn macrumors newbie

I know this may sound strange and random, but after I finally was able to update my iPhone 4 with iOS5 my MacBook just up and died. It's totally unresponsive. I got a few messages saying "are you sure you want to shut down" over and over and now it won't turn on.
    The green light is on (power cord) but nothing else works. Just wondering if this could possibly have anything to do with the iOS 5 update. I have no idea how but it seems to be too coincidental.

I also posted this in the iOS5 forum but no responses. I don't even know if it's possible that the two are related.

Before I spend a bundle taking it to the Apple store for repair, I just want to be sure I am not missing something about trying to get it to start.

Any advice or opinion appreciated. Thanks!!

2. mwhities macrumors 6502a

I see no way that downloading iOS5 for your device would cause your system to unresponsive.

Does it try to power up at all?

3. scenn thread starter macrumors newbie

No it doesn't try to power up, nothing at all is happening. The only indicator of life is that the green light on the power cord comes on when it's plugged in. That gave me a teeny tiny glimmer of hope.

I've tried various keypad combinations to try and turn it on...any suggestions? I would love to have an idea of what I'm dealing with before paying an arm and a leg to get it fixed (not under warranty anymore). It's only 1 1/2 years old.

btw it's a 13 inch white Macbook late 2009 model

4. session101 macrumors regular

unplug

pull the battery out

push the power button numerous times and hold it down for about 5-10 seconds

let it sit for a min

put the battery back in

and try to power on, without your cable first

5. scenn thread starter macrumors newbie

This Macbook does not have the removable battery. It's inside the casing :( I'm kind of afraid to open it up without knowing what I'm doing.

6. session101 macrumors regular

what macbook doesn't have a removable battery?

7. burnout8488 macrumors 6502a

Must be a unibody Macbook? You'd need to unscrew the bottom case in order to get to it then, I'd imagine.

OP: Post specs.