MacBook Died :(

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Washac, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Washac macrumors 68020

Washac

Hi

Trying to do this for somebody else who cannot get online.

They was using the Macbook as normal playing WOW and just doing general web stuff, when
    the Would You Like to Shut Down Your Computer panel opened all by itself.

They did not want to shut down so they continued using it.

Then it just shut itself down.

They tried to turn it back on and they are telling me they get absolutely nothing, no power, no nothing.

All I really know......

Is there anything I can do or does it need to go back to Apple ?

2. fishmoose macrumors 68000

Maybe it overheated try to wait an hour and if that don't help take it back to Apple.

3. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Did they ignore the box, or hit cancel? Because if they ignored it, it will automatically shut down after 2min ... That explains that part.

As for why it wont turn on ... Was it plugged in? If not, the battery might be dead. (Stupid question, I know, but have to ask ...)

4. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

The battery might be a little loose, too. My wife's iBook had a loose screw in the battery housing that was preventing it from fully seating, so every once in a while the computer would just shut down or restart when the battery wiggled. I tightened the screw and the problem is now gone.

Try taking the battery off and putting it back on.

5. Moks macrumors member

Sounds like they were running on battery & got their five minute (or whatever) warning & battery is now in need of charging. If it is plugged in, is the charger working? Or is the wall socket switched on/working?