Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Grazzio

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Guildford, UK
Oh dear my Black MacBook deid yesterday. :(

Can anyone diagnose the issue?

It doesn't start up at all.

The power adapter is pluged in (it still doesn't start up) the light starts green then changes to orange.

The battery power indicator is flashing one light, was at 1 still light and one flashing light at one point.

There was a liitle noise from inside the MacBook when I put my ear to it.

It started after doing a bit of work I put it to sleep and walked to work and it wouldnt turn on.

There is a disc stuck in there too, if you know who to get it out I would appricate the help.

Graeme

:apple:

HarryPot

macrumors 65816
Sep 5, 2009
I have the same Black MacBook (from May 2006). And it's also starting to show signs of imminent failure.:(

Wi-Fi stopped working 2 months ago. iSight camera stopped working also 2 months ago. Bluetooth stopped working two days ago. Also, the Superdrive is dead since about a year ago.

Nothing major so far (never used iSight, Bluetooth or Superdrive), but I can only guess that it's not far away from completely failing.

Tho, you don't lose much for having it checked. It might be something that can be cheaply fixed.

HarryPot

macrumors 65816
Sep 5, 2009
Try finding an external company to Apple that fixes Macs. They are cheaper and may have used parts.

Are you sure it is the logic board?

Grazzio

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Guildford, UK
dont think it will be anything else.

battery light is on, power adaptor is on.

wont turn on even with the power cable pluged in

Grazzio

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Guildford, UK
Its ok!!!!!

it was the battery. It completely ran down, and took over 1hr to gain enough charge to turn on.

yes its not dead

Viva la MacBook!!

greenday123

macrumors 6502
Dec 15, 2005
NJ
Hmm.. if it was solely the battery causing the problem, the computer should've started up with the power cord plugged in..

My Blackbook is still chugging along, no signs of dying yet :)

Grazzio

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Guildford, UK
Hmm.. if it was solely the battery causing the problem, the computer should've started up with the power cord plugged in..

My Blackbook is still chugging along, no signs of dying yet :)

They actually last quite a while. if the RAM is upgraded it will last a little longer. Im running snow leopard with the whole CS4 suite. Its quick and does just a good job as the iMac!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.