macbook discount?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jordan eff, Apr 5, 2009.

1. jordan eff macrumors regular

hi

does anybody know the % discount you gt from apple if you are at college or university, i'm interested in buying a unibody MBP but want to know how much it will cost me with my discount

when I bought a 24inch iMac it was supposed to be £1125 but I got it for £1001

thanks to anyone who can help

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

3. jordan eff thread starter macrumors regular

how does it varey? i'm just buying a stock mbp no custom configureation

it doesnt have my univeristy listed

4. DarrenE41 macrumors newbie

In the same situation, want the macbook discount from my college. Do you know what the discount is? Just want the 2.4ghz macbook, stock. UK College btw.

on a side note, I recognise your username from UK-Polo's - don't suppose you're the same guy? I'm Polo96CL, if you're the same bloke I bought your GTi gear stick from!

5. MedHead macrumors regular

6. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

it'll be $100. There isn't a percentage, just a flat discount. That's how it is in Canada, if you're located in the states, might be different.

7. jordan eff thread starter macrumors regular

if its $100 thn how come i got £124 off my imac :S

8. jordan eff thread starter macrumors regular

yeah mate thats me, bit of a coincedince seeing you here :p

9. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

It differs from country then. Here it's definitely not 10% because I would've saved more but it's just a flat discount of $100. Or it depends on what you purchase. I think the discount is more if you were to buy say, a Mac Pro.

10. hndn macrumors regular

White MB & Alum MB: save $50
    High end alum MB: save $100
    or wait 'til summer, apple usually have back to school deal with free itouch up to $300 value. I just got a white MB $800 after $200 rebate at Micro Center (yeah, I live in Orange County & just checked: they have 74 in stock compare to last week: 2, either way, depends on what you need. I don't have to have an itouch so instead, I'm enjoying my MB now & not spend $949 to get a free itouch in summer.

11. Lurchdubious macrumors 65816

Lurchdubious

Why not just go to the web site and price it out? Check the education store.

12. flipshot macrumors 6502a

In the UK they restrict access to the higher education website to those who are viewing it from a university network. Therefore unless you are at uni now you can't get on the site to view the prices.

13. PowerBookRelic macrumors 6502

All I know is that it used to be better. When I bought my PBG4 in 2004 I got much more off then when I got my black MacBook in the summer (which I received $100 off).

14. yetanotherdave macrumors 68000

yetanotherdave

A UK store sales rep told me 15% for a MBP for higher education, it varies depending on model though, I think it's less % for the MB.

15. Lurchdubious macrumors 65816

Lurchdubious

Wow, I didn't know that. My bad.

16. DarrenE41 macrumors newbie

Indeed, you can't view the prices unless you are actually on the college/uni network. Bit of a pisser really considering i'm on half term for 2 weeks! Does anyone have any idea's when the macbook refresh is due? My birthday is on May 5th and i've decided i'm going to get a macbook, however i'd rather wait a small time if I can get a higher spec model.