Macbook Display blinking and not recognizing ACER LCD projector

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by pothman, Feb 28, 2011.

1. pothman macrumors newbie

I have a Black Macbook (2008) and have been using an ACER p1265 projector for the last two year on a daily basis. Friday when I went to plug in the projector to my mac my screen freaked out and began to blink blue and white. I tried another adapter, VGA cable and nothing has worked. I plugged my mac into another projector and it worked just fine. I plugged two other Macs (same hardware as mine) and both worked just fine. I bought a DVI cable and adapter and I got similar results. My macbook screen flashes but then resolves to a screen but projector says no signal, if I click on detect screens it begins to flash.

The only thing different from my computer since thursday when everything worked just fine was the latest software updates package from apple which contained some printer drivers and a few other items I don't remember.

Any suggestions before i take everything in to have Apple or a repair facility look at them.

2. rpfaffmann macrumors newbie

Projectors & Macbook

I have used my black macbook for presentations for years and now many projectors dont work. They seem to work if the projector is newer. The screen flashes on and off and no matter what the setting it refuses to connect. Apple what did you do to break this. Its bad when you have a major presentation and everyone says its your Mac!