Macbook Display, Case Issues

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by myrdog, Mar 5, 2009.

1. myrdog macrumors newbie

Mar 5, 2009
    Hey everyone,

I've been reading around on the forums (dunno why I just made an account, been on the site for years) about some issues with the macbook that I have.

I have weird white spots on my display that aren't dead pixels. It's like a manufacturing oddity in the screen. I have stress cracks (from heat?) all around my air vent in the back. And the top case is peeling away above my CD drive slot.

Here's my issue, I just want apple to replace this computer and they keep telling me to get it fixed. Am I out of line? Here are my past repairs:

1 Heatsink
    1 Logic Board
    2 Top Cases
    2 Power Bricks
    1 Battery
    1 Power Brick to Wall Cord

I called them, and they told me to get it fixed. Are these common issues that are known about? It seems to me that 8 new parts is.... mildly ridiculous. Should I be pushing for a replacement harder or should I just go in and get things fixed? The big issue I told them about the repairs is that the computer now looks pretty strange. The bezel is a VERY different shade from the top case, and the battery is very different from the bottom. I want my computer that costs twice as much as a PC to just look right, I figured Apple of all companies would understand this. I don't see how after all the repairs, they still think its worth repairing.
  2. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

Dec 26, 2008
    North Korea
    Do you have Applecare or are still covered by the 1 year warranty? If you do, then 3 seperate faults with your Macbook = automatically new Macbook.
    As long as Apple recognised the faults were caused by themselves and their manufacturing process, and not something you've done.
  3. myrdog thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 5, 2009
    Is this a standard thing? When I asked regarding the three strike policy they said that they did things on a case by case basis. Apparently my case will take me up to the 6 strike policy or so... Should I be pushing them to replace?