Macbook Display Freezes and turns white - No Applecare

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by monkeybongo, Sep 12, 2011.

1. monkeybongo macrumors member

Hello,

I was hoping to tap some expertise in these forums for repairing a display for Macbook unibody 2.26.It's currently is out of warranty and the display freezes and slowly turns white, however tilting or pushing the screen will temporarily resolve the issue.

In most cases, people had the full display changed and fixed the issue but I'm hoping to see if someone had fixed this issue through a specific part.

I hear it could be the LVDS cable or LCD panel, but before ordering parts I wanted to see if there was any experience in repairing this issue before?

Thanks!

2. session101 macrumors regular

personally i would think and hope it to be the converter because its cheaper and easier to replace, just plug and play after you open the case up

3. stewrt macrumors newbie

monkeybongo,

I recently started to have the exact same problem. 2008 13" Unibody Macbook. Slow turn to gray of the display and the system locks up. Tilt the screen one way or the other and it's fine again.

I was wondering if you had found a fix for it? Maybe you could share how you resolved the issue.

Thanks,
    Stuart