Macbook Display issue

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Polare, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Polare macrumors newbie

Hi all, I need your help, please.. :( I was given a Macbook 5.2 2009 Early, with nvidia 9400m because it has a little problem and the previous owner has taken another one. Basically, the display colors are fuzzy...

I already tried the CTRL ALT CMD 8 but does not change much.

I tried resetting the PRAM by holding down ALT + CMD + R + P at startup and waiting for the second sound before leaving, but nothing happened ....

I tried to re-install the operating system, but no way...

I cannot try it on an external monitor, but using teamviewer this is the result, you see everything perfectly. The image also shows colors comparison. Could that be the display data cable? Display itself? VGA card? :eek:

thanks very much for your help and sorry for my poor english!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. miknees macrumors newbie

Just a wrong setting =]

Basically, all that's wrong is that your computer is setup to be white on black rather than normal black on white.

To fix this all you do is open System Preferences

Go to the Universal Access page

Click the bubble that says "Black on White"

And you should be good to go bro! =D

3. Polare thread starter macrumors newbie

many thanks for your help Mik, but as i wrote "I already tried the CTRL ALT CMD 8 but does not change much" and also tried to put it on black on white... :( unfortgunately the problem is present always, also in the installation of the OS... I think it's an hardware problem...

4. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

It's definitely a hardware issue. The colors aren't quite inverted, since if you invert your screen the "inverted" one doesn't become quite normal.

EDIT: On second thought, it is just normal inversion of colors. The bottom one looks weird because of the angle of the screen. That being said, if it happens even during the install of an OS, then it's still a hardware issue.