macbook display

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Vapor, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Vapor macrumors member

I am wondering if all macbooks have the screen problem I am observing on my wife's new one. It is much brighter towards the bottom of the screen....almost washed out. Looks terrible to me.

2. ray648 macrumors regular

Ive never heard of this sort of problem on a macbook. Mine certainly doesn't have any screen problems.

3. T-Mac macrumors member

The vertical viewing angle of the MacBook display is very narrow. When you are looking down at the screen (ex. in your lap), the bottom of the display will appear lighter than the top. If you put the MB on a table/desk and get it closer to eye level, the difference in brightness will be minimal.

This bothered me about my MB when I first got it, but I do not believe it to be a defect. If you think yours is defective, compare it to other MBs at a store.

4. Vapor thread starter macrumors member

to be honest, She thinks it is fine and I now see what you are saying about viewing angle. It is a great little laptop and she is happy so I will let sleeping dogs lie. I will also order 4 gigs ram for it today.

5. Gokhan macrumors 6502a

k

hi

i have a macbook and must say the screen is poor its not particularity washed out but it displays fine cross sectional lines and poor viewing angles.

what i am not too happy about is that the old powerbooks up until thier late revs had the best screens in the industry now even on the mbp we get sub standard screens on a premium brand such as apple but hey what you gonna we bitch apple never listen.

Although can i just give a shout out for some of their support staff, one in particular who was super helpful in dealing with me.

6. bluelight macrumors member

I have that problem on my MB when the screen saver or wallpaper is set to a solid color. It's just poor lighting - nothing to be worried about.