Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jaimielein

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2008
So. I'm clueless here.

My macbook time, when the top is opened, will show the previous time it was open for a couple seconds and then goes back to the actual time.

i think this is such a creepy feature.

any way to get rid of it??

thanks! :]

Mindflux

macrumors 68000
Oct 20, 2007
Austin
So. I'm clueless here.

My macbook time, when the top is opened, will show the previous time it was open for a couple seconds and then goes back to the actual time.

i think this is such a creepy feature.

any way to get rid of it??

thanks! :]

Don't close your Macbook?

You are putting your computer to sleep which keeps the time with it. When you open your sleep image up that's the time it was previously.

gonyr

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2006
Niagara County, NY
I think it's normal - every apple laptop I've seen does the same thing. It's showing the time when it was put to sleep. It will remain on this time until the clock updates upon waking. This usually happens within a few seconds.

jaimielein

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2008
it's not so much that it creeps me out as a "feature" but, well, i guess i'll lay down the scenario...

i was away from the apartment, came home for a little while, and then left again.

i came home that night and my boyfriend said, "so where'd you go? i know that you came back already because when i opened your macbook it said 5:00pm."

creepy! i never even knew it did that until he mentioned it.

so basically there's no way to prevent it from happening? :[

gonyr

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2006
Niagara County, NY
it's not so much that it creeps me out as a "feature" but, well, i guess i'll lay down the scenario...

i was away from the apartment, came home for a little while, and then left again.

i came home that night and my boyfriend said, "so where'd you go? i know that you came back already because when i opened your macbook it said 5:00pm."

creepy! i never even knew it did that until he mentioned it.

so basically there's no way to prevent it from happening? :[

Prevent what from happening? The previous time from being displayed, or your boyfriend from exhibiting creepy, stalker-ish behavior. Personally, I'd be much more concerned about the latter.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
You can make him a different account, enable fast user switching, and log out when you go out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.