Macbook Dock Problem..

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by j.parhas, Oct 5, 2012.

1. j.parhas, Oct 5, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2012

j.parhas macrumors newbie

Hey guys, i'm new to this forum and i've had a little problem for a month now. I tried customizing my dock with some random apps and I somehow got to delete the content of dock. When I go on my harddrive<system<library<coreservices<dock<show content<content.. the content was deleted. It was in my trash can which I was able to retrieve but I didn't manage to get all of it because it was mixed up with other trash. I am able to get all apps on my dock with no problem, but I can't right click the apps nor can I see if any apps are open.. Is there a way that I can get these files back to original? Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. simsaladimbamba

Do you have a backup?

If not, you could reinstall OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion if you have the installer, it will not delete any of your data but restore deleted system content.

Or maybe some kind person can upload the Dock.app for OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, I cannot, as I still use Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard.

3. j.parhas thread starter macrumors newbie

I do have a backup, although its not well done, If i take it to an apple store, will they have the folder?

4. simsaladimbamba

An Apple Store will have those files, as they have plenty of Macs running the OS you currently run. You could also just copy the files yourself onto a USB flash memory thumb drive on one of those Macs exhibited there.

5. j.parhas thread starter macrumors newbie

I just went to the apple store and they said that i should just wipe out the HD since my backups have the same dock problem..