MacBook - Does Apple Care cover battery replacement?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by pinoyplaya, Apr 3, 2009.

1. pinoyplaya macrumors regular

Like they do with the Apple iPhone when the battery goes down to a certain charge?
    If not, what are the advantages of getting Apple Care then?

2. aristobrat macrumors G5

If your speaker goes out, or if a strip on the screen becomes unresponsive to the touch, or if it starts dropping calls for no reason because the antenna inside came unattached.

It does cover battery replacement, should the battery be defective during the warranty period. It doesn't cover normal wear-and-tear of the battery. (i.e. if you only get 80% charge after 300 battery cycles, that's considered normal)

3. pinoyplaya thread starter macrumors regular

MacBook can make phone calls? They have an internal antennna? They have a touch sceen? hehe

Im talking about MacBook battery

4. aristobrat macrumors G5

Gotcha, .. I misread your original post. LOL

The MacBook battery is considered a consumable part, like the iPhone battery. If it is behaving abnormally, they'll cover it. If it's simply not holding a charge because you've got a gazillion cycles on it, then no.

As for other reasons you'd might want AppleCare on an Apple notebook, ... same idea as the iPhone. There are a lot of other components inside the MacBook besides the battery that may fail. Hard drives and SuperDrives are the most likely candidates.

5. Vikz macrumors regular

Vikz

if the battery has less than 300 cycles then yes, if more than 300 cycles then your on your own buddy

6. ensgaard macrumors newbie

It is covered in only 1 yr time eventhough u took the 3 yrs apple care plan...this is just for battery...the rest i'm not too sure...i change my battery 1 month after purchased FYI...