Macbook does not charge while asleep

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by hsleiman, Feb 14, 2009.

1. hsleiman macrumors regular

My unibody macbook is not charging while asleep. At least not significantly. I left it plugged in for ~10 hours in sleep mood and the battery charge did not increase more than 5-10%. Nothing was plugged into it besides the charger. Any ideas? Shouldn't my macbook be completely charged from 10 hours of it sleeping?

P.S. This battery is new I just received it from Apple yesterday bc the batter that shipped with my macbook was defective.

Thanks for any help!

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Could be a bad magsafe adapter. I just had a battery replacement and a magsafe adapter sent to me in one shot...

3. hsleiman thread starter macrumors regular

That's a good idea I should have indicated that this is the same magsafe I have had since I got the computer and it has worked fine. In fact, it's currently charging my macbook fine now that it is powered on.

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

5. spinnoza macrumors newbie

guys, does anyone have same problem since topic opened?????
    i think i have exactly same problem with NEW mbp

6. hsleiman thread starter macrumors regular

My problem turned out to be a defective battery. Call apple and describe your problem and ask for them to send you a new battery.

EDIT: You have a new macbook lol. You will probably have to exchange your computer. :)

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You may also try resetting the SMC and check out the link on troubleshooting MagSafe adapters (both in the CHARGING section of the following link.) This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions: