Macbook does not recognize battery

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by haleyvan, Jun 21, 2009.

1. haleyvan macrumors regular

Hello,

My bf's macbook does not recognize the battery. He took it to Apple and they said it was a problem with the logic board, but then upon taking it home and switching it with the battery from my macbook, it's clear that it's the battery that has issues, because my macbook won't recognize it either.

Is there any quick fix for this? Has anyone has success with cleaning/wiping down the connections or anything of the sort?

Thanks.

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Sounds like his battery is dead.

Does the battery from yours work in his?

3. haleyvan thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, my battery works in his. I definitely forgot to mention an important piece of info...this is the 2nd battery that has "died" in his macbook. Could it be a problem with his comp that causes multiple batteries to fry like this?

4. crackbookpro macrumors 65816

crackbookpro

share some more info...does it have 'x' in the battery icon?

5. eman macrumors 6502a

Does you BF leave his macbook in extended sleep mode, this can kill the battery?

6. haleyvan thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, there is an X in the battery icon.

Eman:

Not sure what extended sleep mode is - is this an actual mode or do you mean does he keep it asleep for a long time?

7. crackbookpro macrumors 65816

crackbookpro

...well, it sounds simple logically - It is the battery...but, sometimes the logicboard can initiate problems with the battery, and you may need to replace the logicboard. - it depends. I was looking for more info noted in my prior post, because I do have some familiarity in the past with logicboard/battery issues on my ol' BlackBook.

CrackBookPro:cool:

8. eman macrumors 6502a

Leaving the macbook running on battery power for several days or longer and no charger connected, while the macbook is sleeping. This has killed a battery of mine that was previously fine and I know other people that had their batteries ruined by this as well.