Macbook doesnt boot-up

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by kgiann78, Oct 27, 2009.

1. kgiann78 macrumors newbie

Well, I share a quite common problem. My macbook doesnt boot-up.
    It does power on and gets into the booting up process but nothing happens...
    To be more precise, after powering on the MB, the grey display appears and after a while the apple logo and the circle of lines starts to move around.

After that nothing else happens...

I ve tried everything possible... SMC reset, PRAM reset, verifying the disc by booting up either from single user and check it with fsck or with the booting disc and run all the verifying tests and the repair ones... Everything there were just as NORMAL...

The OS refuses to open either in normal mode, or at safe mode or even the verbose mode, though it does boot up in single-user mode.

I even took out the HDD and place it in a HDD cover and then plug it as an external device to my other MBP. I run the tests once again but everything seems to be NORMAL again...

The only thing that is left to check is whether the boot files have any problem...

Please, does anybody have any idea to check it out? Or is there any more suggestion of what else to look for?

Thanks in advance...

Kostia

2. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

You basically solved your own problem. It's a problem with the boot files. You can either Archive and Install or backup your files to your other Mac and do an Erase and Install. That will most likely fix your problem as it doesn't seem like the HDD is failing.

3. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

If you have an external drive, I'd try installing the OS on that, just be sure it's not some other hardware issue with your Mac. Your drive may be fine and it could be something else. Just trying to minimize the risk of data loss...

4. kgiann78 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for you replies!

I'm one step away from what iLog.Genius posted.... I dont think that it's a matter of the hardware because it booted up normally at the windows partition and everything worked just fine... It's the OSX partition that has the problem...

I was wandering if there is a way to copy (and which files to copy???) the boot files from my MBP, change them a little bit so that they are referring to this particular MB and reboot... Would that work?