MacBook doesn't go asleep.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by panzaman, Nov 3, 2008.

1. panzaman macrumors member

Has anybody got this problem where the new alu MacBook sometimes doesn't go asleep when you close the lid or select SLEEP from the shutdown menu?

Basically i close the lid and it apparently goes in sleep mode, but then after 15 seconds it wakes up, the apple logo on the back flashes, the status light goes from flashing to still, it then automatically goes asleep again....15 seconds later same thing and so on in a loop.

the problem is very intermittent, it may happen 1 out of 5 times I send the computer to sleep, I figured out that the reason for this could be software related as I don't have either Bluetooth or any kind of USB dongle attached to the laptop, but I can't really see any process running other than Finder.

Any idea? is this a common problem, software issue? Hardware related?

2. JBazz macrumors 6502

I have had this problem also. A couple of times I have taken it out of my bag to find it very hot because it didnt stay asleep.

3. simonjones88 macrumors newbie

4. smeowly macrumors newbie

i had the exact same problem, but i notice it only happens when i close the lid and then remove something from the usb port.

when i remove something from the usb port, then close the lid, it sleeps normally.

nevertheless, my old blackbook never had this problem either way.

apple pls give us some firmware or somthing to fix this!