Macbook doesn't like to drink...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by SolidSnake90, Oct 21, 2009.

1. SolidSnake90 macrumors newbie

SolidSnake90

Hi there I spilt some Juice on the port side of my macbook, I opened her up since I had extra parts but have come to a problem. From what I could tell it looked like it was just my Network card that had gotten fried. I swapped out the part and things have been running smooth until up to two weeks ago. It will continually disconnect from any wireless connection and cause whatever is running i.e. iTunes to lock up and glitch. This happens out of sync therefore I can't tell when it's going to happen next...

2. Ice Dragon macrumors 6502a

Ice Dragon

When I was younger I had some keyboard accidents beverages.

For future reference, I will say this for any owner of any computer be it PC or Mac because I did this when I got older. Put plastic wrap around your keyboard. This will help against juice, water, beef fat, dust, crumbs, etc.

You can try and get your computer fixed to make your connection work better but it will probably cost you.

3. forester54 macrumors member

forester54

it really does not. I had a party last year and someone spilled near my computer and a little bit went around the keyboard. It was sticky for at least 6 months :mad:

4. SolidSnake90 thread starter macrumors newbie

SolidSnake90

It's just everything looks fine inside, and it only screws up when I run WoW I don't get it.:confused:

5. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

My mum spilt a thick smoothie on our iMac's keyboard, and I soaked it in the sink, then hung it by the fire, and then it was fine. Though this is not the case for a laptop...:(

6. dubels macrumors 6502

Wouldn't that cause a MB to over heat?

7. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

Sounds like it's over heating. did you plug your fan back in?:eek:

8. SolidSnake90 thread starter macrumors newbie

SolidSnake90

I can hear the fan running, and it's only when I have the app WoW running.

9. chill. macrumors 6502

just too little information here. you need to systematically test parts and try to pinpoint what's malfunctioning

from what you posted it sounds like it could be video card or network card. what i would do is use your macbook for a while in a non-intensive video setting and offline. try to reproduce the problems

if no problems, try playing some games offline and check if it's video

also do checks for ethernet vs wireless connections and see if there are any differences

etc. etc.

use the process of elimination and do slow, controlled increments and changes and look for odd behavior. download some widgets that display system performance and look for changes in fanspeed, heat, network load, processing load, etc

debugging can be a quite frustrating and time consuming process