Macbook doesn't log in after Safari Update

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Xanderis, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Xanderis macrumors newbie

Hi. I have just installed Safari update from my main admin account, restarted it. And since, the log in window appears as usual. I enter the password the blue window appears for about the minute, and the log in window re-appears. Out of 3 accounts can log in into just one. I have changed settings, to no password, it still wont log in.

Created new account, it logs in to new account.

On system preferences when go on software update it says that error occured and it can't open.

ANy ideas what's the problem?

The worst bit, i have loads of work to do and just two hours left.

2. LtRammstein macrumors 6502a

LtRammstein

Sounds like a permissions issue. I would take your Leopard/Tiger install DVD stick in the Mac and boot into it (hold down the C key on reboot). From there go to Utilities and go to Disk Utility. From there select the boot drive (using named Macintosh HD unless you named it something else) and click the "Repair Permissions" button.

3. Xanderis thread starter macrumors newbie

funny enough, my DVD is miles away at my old home. Any other options.

It's now became worse. When i switch it on it loads up to a blue screen , but log in window does not appear.

4. Xanderis thread starter macrumors newbie

UPDATE:

Now it's log on on main admin account. But i uninstalled Safari, and downloaded it from website, and the package won't gn open. As well as System Preferences Software Update error cannot open software update panel