Macbook Doesn't recognize Xbox 360 When Sharing Wireless Internet

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by camden350, Aug 14, 2008.

1. camden350 macrumors newbie

I have been trying to connect my xbox 360 to my macbook to get internet on my xbox 360. I have internet sharing on my macbook on, and the firewall off. I also have used tutorials to set the xbox 360 up with the correct information so that it will be able to connect to the macbook's shared internet. The problem is that when i connect the xbox 360 to the macbook with an ethernet cable the macbook does not recognize the ethernet is connected. The ethernet works in any application other than this.

any ideas would be great

thanks a lot

2. Definity macrumors member

Have you tried plugging it into a router instead? It seems a bit long winded to use your Macbook as a router.

3. Googon macrumors member

You can buy a cheap USB wireless router at Wal-Mart for 12 dollars. Configure it to work on your Xbox360, and tah dah. You are no longer using a thousand dollar peice of technology act as a ten dollar router, and if you can afford a MacBook, you can afford a ten dollar wireless USB device. Unless of course, you murdered someone, cut their body up, and melted the remains in acid, and then stole their MacBook...

Would be totally worth it.

4. camden350 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your responses, i found an extra wireless router and tried to configure it to receive signal from my main wireless router (airport express). The problem is the new firmware does not allow the router to receive the airport signal and give the xbox internet. As of now i have a long ethernet cord plugged into the xbox but i wanted to make it neat. That is why i thought using my macbook would be a good idea.

5. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

smart, but you can use the share internet feature, just a little hard to setup and such. I've heard of people doing it this way for their xboxes...

6. camden350 thread starter macrumors newbie

i have tried using the share internet feature, and followed many tutorials, but my macbook doesn't recognize the ethernet cord plugged form it to the xbox