Macbook drops internet everytime I get online with iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by codeoverride, Dec 5, 2008.

1. codeoverride macrumors member

My Macbook's internet connection has been dropping every time I get online with my iPod Touch. Not sure what's causing it. it didn't happen before.

2. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

wow thats not wierd at all (not)...

is it dropping just the internet?? or is it dropping the actual WiFi connection??

can you check the IP address of both devices, maybe they are conflicting and that could be causing the issue..

3. codeoverride thread starter macrumors member

If I restart the computer then it works again but once I get online with the iPod it stops working on the computer.. there must be some sort of conflict?

4. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

yes it would seem that way, that is why i suggested checking the IP addresses of the devices to be sure.

5. shakir macrumors member

this happened to my macbook too. turns out to be ip address conflicting. i just change the network setting from my ipod touch by using static(enter my own address) instead of using DHCP

6. codeoverride thread starter macrumors member

How can I change the settings on my iPod so that it always logs on with different settings at home but still does it normally everywhere else?

7. sandman42 macrumors 6502a

sandman42

I have what's probably the same problem -- if we're using our :apple:TV and I wake my MacBook (which then joins the network), the streaming to the :apple:TV stutters for a few seconds, then recovers.

8. quick5pnt0 macrumors regular

Could it be that your isp is limiting you to a certain number of connected computers to the network at any one time?

9. Mister9 macrumors regular

I had.. well have that problem with my PS3, all the computers on my network lose internet for a few seconds and you can hear alert sounds throughout my apt. I'll try changing the setting on it to 'static' like previously mentioned, sounds like it should work. I was going into the settings of my router with no luck..