I certainly had a lucky escape there! Last night, as young 20-somethings do, me and a mate decided to indulge in a little home drinking! Later into the night after the vodka had been flowing a few hours, i managed to spill a drink over my 2 year old macbook! DISASTER! The machine instantly turned off. Within less than 5 seconds i had torn out all the cables and the battery had been removed (quite a feet after the amount of booze i'd consumed!) All my music, all my photos, MY CV (i recently lost my job) all on that laptop! DEAD! I feared the worst, but opened the machine up and rested it in-front of a heater, in hope that it would dry out and work......maybe! After about an hour, impatient i put the battery back in....no signs of life! Cause of death - drowning! SUCCESS! It's alive!! How, I do not know but after 6 hours drying out it's going again! Ok i've got a few sticky keys and it made a strange hum when i first turned it on but it appears to work fine! Thank you apple, for making such a heavy duty laptop. I'd like to believe that had this been a run of the mill PC eqivilent, i would be in a very sorry state right now. I certainly learnt my lesson. SO RELIEVED!