Macbook dual display - issue

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by n0id, Sep 3, 2008.

1. n0id macrumors member

Ok, so i have a new macbook (black) and heres my problem:

I have it dual displayed to a 42" vizio using the mini-vga and it works great. I can make the vizio my primary monitor no problem.

When i open programs, etc... it opens on the vizio (as primary)... even when i open videos it opens on the vizio (primary)

but when i make the video go to full screen, it ports it to the macbook screen and stays there.

I cant figure out how to make it play on the vizio.

Ive even tried rebooting several times, and tried shutting the macbook lid, but that just puts it to sleep and no picture on the vizio. (even with moving the mouse after lid is shut, it doesnt wake up for some reason)

Ideas? I simply want my videos to play full screen off my 42" and not on the macbook 13".

Thanks!!!!!!!

2. ccwilli3 macrumors member

is this in quicktime? If so, you need to go View -> Present Movie and then drag the quicktime logo to the larger display.

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Exactly, if in VLC, you actually have to select the screen in the Video Menu>Playback Device menu before making it full screen. In DVD Player, it should just become full screen on the same screen where the window is.

TEG

4. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

do you close the screen? If the screen is closed everything will default to the external monitor