Macbook dual external monitors

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by JDMFSeanP, Dec 7, 2008.

1. JDMFSeanP macrumors regular

Searched and only found info on using a single external monitor, is it possible to run two off of a macbook (not pro) with some sort of external graphics card? It would be outputting to two 1680x1050 monitors. Currently have it with the single one and don't wanna just let my other monitor go to waste (use it for 360 so its off most of the time).

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

you can use a device called the Dual Head 2 Go. it streches the display to two screenS lengthwise i.e. an aspect ratio of 32:10.

3. JDMFSeanP thread starter macrumors regular

Does the macbook register that as a single monitor? Like say my laptop is between the two monitors, and if its stretched like that would I have to move the two monitors side by side?

4. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

yes the MacBook can only output one screen in addition to its own. so the DH2G effectively just outputs one big screen that can span across two displays. so the two screens should be placed side by side.

its really just a hardware hack. proper dual screen support is only on the Mac Pro.

5. kamo macrumors member

6. finnschi macrumors 6502

maybe the mini display port is already version vesa 2.1 , that would mean we could get TRUE dual video out.... I mean my old Thinkpad has 4x video out oO (with port replicator) :D