Macbook Due (white) to Macbook 2.4 Alumi

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by openflap, Oct 19, 2008.

1. openflap macrumors newbie

Just wanted to see if anyone was in the same boat as me...im having some buyers remorse getting this new macbook...as i upgraded from a white macbook...(the first one with the Core Duo (not the 2)....

...so anyone else make this upgrade. I went with the 1599 macbook but still saying is it really worth it...i do alot of stuff with VMware...and i think its faster just not sure...

i still love the computer but is it worth it...

Im not sure...anyone else in the same boat as me

2. Airforcekid macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

To me no because I still use my G3 without problems:apple: it was a good purchase if you plan to keep it a while.

3. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

to me no because for that money you can buy a last generation MBP with more power.

but then the new MB looks fantastic and if i wouldn't need the firewire port i would have bought it instead of my last gen MBP. I played with the MB and it's incredibly well built. it's very portable. i will be noticeably faster than your old MB in CPU speed and in GPU speed even more. the glass screen is not as glossy as i thought and easy to keep clean. it should stay much cooler than your old MB. and you start a new battery and a new warranty so you're fine for the next years while you old MB will lose battery time and might break.

i'm sure as soon as you have it you are going to love it. just enjoy it!:)